BTI provides a variety of Internal Services. These services are available to BTI laboratories.
All Current services and rates can be found at this link:
Current Growth Facility rates can be found here:
BTI Greenhouses and Growth Facilities provide a multitude of options for the propagation of many research plant species.
Comprehensive information about our growth facilities can be found by visiting the facility webpage:
Laboratory Services and Media Preparation (see current rate sheet for applicable fees):
- Maintenance of regular media inventory in each lab, media requests, preparation of antibiotics and re-filling of carboys.
- Dirty glassware is collected, cleaned, autoclaved and returned to your lab.
- Auxiliary Services Include plastic waste removal, broken glass removal, proper handling of autoclave waste, racking, and sterilization of
tips and tubes.
- Radiation Services are provided in areas that involve radiation. These areas are tested regularly by trained staff, to insure compliance
with all appropriate regulations and safety guidelines.
Technical assistance for office and lab computing needs:
Our IT staff is housed within the Information Resource Center (Room 200), and offer a wide range of services to Institute staff. Contact IT staff via email: email@example.com or telephone 254-1250 or 254-4758.
Office/Administrative Services (see current rate sheet for applicable fees):
- Two common use photocopy machines are housed in the building. One is located in the first floor mailroom and another is located in
the resource center on the second floor. Contact your supervisor for an access code.
- Letters and Packages sent by US Postal Service for BTI official business.
Other Equipment and Facilities (see current rate sheet for applicable fees):
- The Plant Cell Imaging Center (PCIC) provides researchers at BTI, Cornell University and SUNY Cortland with access to high resolution fluorescence microscopes. A required training session is provided by facility staff. For more information visit: Plant Cell Imaging Center
- The BTI Center for Plant Biotechnology Research provides plant transformations on a fee-based service for all BTI researchers. Information and pricing can be found by visiting:
- A Varian 1200L Quadropole Mass Spectrometer is available for use by BTI researchers. Contact Georg Jander (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- A Konica SRX-101A Film Processor is available for use by BTI researchers. Expenses are divided between all labs using the machine. Supplies are restocked as needed. Generally the cost to your lab is very low. For more information contact Gary Horvath (email@example.com)
- An Alpha Imager is available for use, and expenses are divided between all labs using the machine. Supplies are restocked as needed. Generally the cost to your lab is very low. For more information contact Gary Horvath (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you have questions about the above services and applicable current rates, please contact the business office (email@example.com)